There is an alternative to this -- StartPEMEditor.prg. This file is created when you install PEM Editor (running PEMEditor.APP) and is found in the folder where PEM Editor is installed.
This can be quite handy, for a few reasons:
- It can allow you to set up your IDE programmatically.
- It can allow you to bring up PEM Editor via a hot key.
- It can allow you.to access the IDE features of PEM Editor even if the PEM Editor form is closed.
- StartPEMEditor() - brings up the normal PEMEditor form.
- StartPEMEditor(2) - brings up the Document TreeView form.
- StartPEMEditor(.Null.) - instantiates the PEM Editor object (_oPEMEditor), enabling the IDE features of PEM Editor, without opening either of the forms (This is a new feature in version 6.50.)